Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Contribution Donation
osCommerce Community Support Forums > osCommerce Online Merchant v2.x > Contributions / Add-Ons > Contribution Development
thebuzzman
Hello with all and all,

Does there exist a contribution donation, which allows that the customer can insert directly in an unspecified cell an amount and that this amount is posted at the time of the purchase of a product, in complement with the selling price and this in the caddie?

Thank you for your answer or contribution.
jbs
QUOTE (thebuzzman @ Mar 7 2008, 12:58 AM) *
Hello with all and all,

Does there exist a contribution donation, which allows that the customer can insert directly in an unspecified cell an amount and that this amount is posted at the time of the purchase of a product, in complement with the selling price and this in the caddie?

Thank you for your answer or contribution.

If anyone can find this, it would be great! I'm setting up a store for a charitable organization who sells books, etc., but also takes charitable donations.
Poor_Knight
I need this as well. Foundation site that would like to accept donations but would like the donor to specify the amount rather that set up donation 'products' in a fixed amount.

Anything out there? I thought I saw thin on another site....
miq@triometry.com
QUOTE (Poor_Knight @ Mar 28 2008, 06:05 AM) *
I need this as well. Foundation site that would like to accept donations but would like the donor to specify the amount rather that set up donation 'products' in a fixed amount.

Anything out there? I thought I saw thin on another site....

Any luck on this? Seems like this contribution is needed...
lindsayanng
i have been waiting for a GOOD donation contribution to come out as well.. i wanted it to calculate the change to round up to the nearest dollar and ask the person to DONATE THE CHANGE.. If i come across anything like that, i will let you all know, but so far, nothing.. an di was told it would be expensive to pay someone to com eup with something like that
akhanukov
QUOTE (lindsayanng @ Jun 26 2008, 09:19 PM) *
i have been waiting for a GOOD donation contribution to come out as well.. i wanted it to calculate the change to round up to the nearest dollar and ask the person to DONATE THE CHANGE.. If i come across anything like that, i will let you all know, but so far, nothing.. an di was told it would be expensive to pay someone to com eup with something like that

Well, specific to what you are asking, there is the Charity Round-up module that supposedly does that.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6073

Unfortunately for me, I'm still looking for the one everyone above still needs.
pconnors
I'm a little surprised that the only Donation product available isn't even a product - its that Round Up at Check Out option you mentioned above.

I really need Donation Product where there's a list of recommended donation amounts with an optional "other" field where the customer enters the amount they wish to donate.

Sorry for the partisan link, I just know there is a good example here: https : // donate . barackobama . com / page / contribute / dncd4p1
There's a few recommended values and an OTHER box.

Is this really that hard to create??
burt
Would be very simple for anyone with even a small amount of coding knowledge to make. So if you don't have that knowledge, you need to find someone who does.
burt
I have a workable solution for this which was completed inside 30 minutes. It's nowhere near ready for public use as the code will require cleaning and a mechanism added to allow the donator to change/remove the amount donated.

Video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq3bWfzzUy4
Design Recollections
As I said on the club OSC blog Mr Burton, genius!!! I am up for that when its ready, you know where I am if I can help (IYKWIM) in ANY way biggrin.gif

pconnors
Gary,
That is a much better option that the "round up for charity" add on, but what if all a visitor to your site wanted to do was make a donation?
Do you send them to an empty cart?

I really need an individual product option with a fixed quantity of 1 and a variable for the price.
I wish I knew how to code that myself.
burt
My solution works as an order_total module, so you'd need to have at least one product in the cart so that there is an actual order.

It would be relatively simple to add a "faux" product if there is no items in the cart at the start of the checkout. WOuld only take an extra "if" statement in one place.
burt
QUOTE (burt @ Oct 8 2008, 03:56 PM) *
It would be relatively simple to add a "faux" product if there is no items in the cart at the start of the checkout. WOuld only take an extra "if" statement in one place.

OK, this was slightly more "problematic" than I envisaged. I had to;

1. Very minor recode of includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php to enable the donation to show as a monetary amount.
2. 1 extra "if" statement in checkout_shipping.php to add the faux product, and addition of "skip shipping" contribution as well.
3. Minor recode of shopping_cart.php to enable the donation box and update/continue/checkout buttons even if nothing in cart.

Works ok though as far as I can see. Tomorrow I will do a video and post on the blog.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2009 Invision Power Services, Inc.