Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paypal Standard (go to credit card page)
osCommerce Community Support Forums > osCommerce Online Merchant v2.x > Contributions / Add-Ons > Payment Modules > PayPal
sypher
I currently have Paypal Standard setup all is working fine.

But when using paypal the user is automatically sent to a standard review page, but most customers pay via card but the credit card link is so small that people dont notice it and leave the page.
But when clicking on that page it brings up a near exact page with the make paypal account in small this time and credit card input fields (basically the opposite of the previous page)

I want to forward the user to this page instead of going to the paypal login. Is there any way to do this? Because they seem to be using near identical urls.
sypher
Just for future reference, the reason you may sometimes see different paypal pages is because:

- When visiting Paypal it sends you a cookie. This cookie expires every 21 days. So if the customer has never been on the Paypal website before they see a modified version of the payment page (more like the pay by credit card one) or if they havent been on recently.
chimol
QUOTE (sypher @ Dec 5 2008, 08:02 PM) *
Just for future reference, the reason you may sometimes see different paypal pages is because:

- When visiting Paypal it sends you a cookie. This cookie expires every 21 days. So if the customer has never been on the Paypal website before they see a modified version of the payment page (more like the pay by credit card one) or if they havent been on recently.

Is there anyway to make it so paypal doesn't set a cookie and all users will get the same page every time?
Jayman11
Man this one has been bothering me for a long time. You are correct, that first page it takes you do screams login to paypal and i lose sales to it cause there are some people who just dislike paypal that much. I personally have great luck with it. I would love to see it skip right from that page into the second page as if they had clicked the continue button. That second page is much nicer for people that are weary of just using a paypal account. Please someone figure this one out. I'm using paypal ipn 2.3.3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2009 Invision Power Services, Inc.