Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm going nuts please help
osCommerce Community Support Forums > osCommerce Online Merchant v2.x > Contributions / Add-Ons > Templates and Images
mase2hot
Hi,

ok I've been messing around now for about a week, I think I've messed up by now sorting out a template before I started to add products to my site. www.dwdresses.co.uk . All products are in but I dont like the look of the standard site so had a look for a template. Now I've found a template I like but the original site has contributions added like Attribute Sets which I do need.

I have no idea on how I can make my current site work with a template, and have been messign around replacing files with the template ones with no joy. Any help would be much welcomed!

Thanks
burt
Avoid a template - you don't have enough oscommerce knowledge to use one (note I do not mean that in a bad way)..

As you already have contributions added, it'll prove impossible to "just use" a template without a lot of effort on your part. Read this thread:

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=327471

My advice is as per that thread.

mase2hot
ok I figured that would be the issue but didnt wanna give up. The template did come with some photoshop files couldnt I make my own index page for example and like the php code to it in dreamweaver?

cheers
mase2hot
Ok as I said I dont like giving up as there is only 1 one in which you can learn try and try again. Anyway http://www.jcdcgadgets.co.uk/shop/index.php I have managed to get the database linked to this new site. Just that on some of the catergories it get error 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause' any ideas? Had a look online but people were talking about it being linked to mysql4 - msql5...
geoffreywalton
Yep sounds like it is sql4 code running on a server loaded with mysql5.

See the patches link in my sig block.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2009 Invision Power Services, Inc.